Millennium Mom

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6/2 Blog: In a bad mood

I have been in a bad mood all day, I guess you can say I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Actually it was the "right" side, literally (yes, I lost my favorite side in marriage) and figuratively. So I guess that isn't my excuse. I did wake up tired, so maybe that is it...I blame it on the Cake Boss, I had to stay up and watch him last night.

Or maybe it is stress. I feel like I have been running for two straight days. After a wonderful long weekend, I started my week with a full-day offsite. That made for the fifth work day in a row that I wasn't at my desk. Let's see...full day training last Tuesday, team building offsite Wed, Innovation Review downtown Thurs and Friday, project offsite yesterday. That means I am stressed because; 1) I can't print documents easily. I very much prefer to print and read things so I can digest them, file if needed, mark them up and return to person and so forth, when I am out I have to "flag" them to print and it causes me stress; 2) I feel like a bag lady. I have to take key docs with me in case I need them and planning for a week out means a lot in the briefcase (did I say my bad hurts too); 3) out of office means out of sync, email piling up, to do list not getting checked off, those both cause me stress.

That likely means I can blame my bad mood on stress. After my team offsite yesterday we had a nice picnic planned at a local park with families too. I was looking forward to it. I had Amber bringing the kids to me. Then I got a call from Arnie at 9am reminding me Sarah had her dress rehearsal for her recital at 7pm. The whole start the work week on a Tuesday got me, I was thinking it was Monday. So we ran to the picnic at 5:30 hoping to meet other people's families, eat, play a little and leave by 6:15. Of course the caterer went to the wrong area in the park, so instead we started to get food at 6:15 and were in the car at 6:30.

I literally drove way fast and had Ben help Sarah get dressed in the car. Total bad mother moment. We arrived on time, and I totally could have dressed her there (but they have to go straight into auditorium and she would have been embarrassed so it all worked out). We got home at 9pm and I was spent, but somehow stayed up late watching Cake Boss.

Today was much of the same. I had to rush home, grab the kids (and try to grab Arnie some dinner), pick up the Bonne boys and get to the baseball field. We were there by 6:15 a bit late but before the start time at 6:30. The game got called early due to lightning which was a blessing. That gave me 45 minutes back to be able to blog and clear some emails.

So now I am trying to kick my bad mood laying in bed. Maybe some Suduko will clear my head. I don't like being in a bad mood, I am mean to people for no reason. Today I was not myself in meetings, probably was short with people and certainly bit my kids heads off a few times tonight. It just isn't me. So I am being quiet while I do this and going to go to bed to hope it all goes away tomorrow.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home