Millennium Mom

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3/17 Blog Happy St Patty's Day

So did you all wear your green today...I did. Having gone to the Univ of Scranton, what I would describe as an Irish Catholic school, I have grown to love this day. All day today I thought about my old roomies, Colleen, Kris, Kate and Jeannine and how they all used to take this day off from work to go to the NYC or another parade. I wondered if they still did this tradition.

While I didn't take off, the day still brought back many fond memories of past St. Patty's day. Running to meet friends at a local Irish establishment and one year in Hoboken that I still have a great photo of in my house...with Shamrock stickers on all of our faces...so much fun. I think Margaret, Tara, Nora and Carol were in that pick with me.

Arnie is out celebrating tonight...there is an "men's only" black tie event at the Museum Center tonight. Let's just say there is a cab booked to bring them all home. I can't wait for the stories. We even found a great green vest and tie for his tux.

On the downside of today...I am battling a spring cold. Came on Monday and still hanging around. I literally feel like me head is in a cloud. My nose is raw and tissues are my savior. I really hope it gets better before this weekend. We are heading to Cleveland for a hockey tournament for Ben and I really hope I am more like myself. It's hard enough to sleep in a hotel, even harder if you don't feel well.

I tried to pack tonight to prepare, got everyone done but Arnie. We have practice tomorrow night at 7 which means eating out beforehand and not home until a bit before nine...so it had to get done tonight. I also started packing for spring break in Florida...as we are leaving next Friday which really doesn't give me a ton of time...figuring the kids aren't wearing shorts yet I took advantage of the weekend to get a head start.

Bed time has arrived, I hope you are all well, and that Spring is arriving where ever you are...it has come to Cincy and it is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home