Millennium Mom

Friday, June 18, 2010

Back in O-H-I-O

Wow does it feel good to be home. Even though I am EXHAUSTED and bobbing my head trying to stay awake in this conference call. I have been up since 3:30 am Denver time...ughhh, no wonder I feel like my day is over. I have been debating back and forth if I should just hang up and go take a nap. Ben has a baseball game tonight and I am not sure I am going to make it without a nap.

My trip to Denver was great. If you have not been, GO. It is such a great city. Arnie and I have Colorado on our list of potential retirement spots and now I remember why. The city of Denver is so unique in that you have a pretty large downtown that immediately runs into neighborhoods....no highways to cross, bad areas before nice areas, etc. It is just so cool and hip. I ate at two great restaurants (Zengo and Cuba Cuba in case you head out there), could have walked everywhere if needed and the weather was 80 degrees, no humidity and blue skies. What is not to love.

The only down side was once again being away from Arnie and the kids. I knew June was going to be a brutal month for travel, but when you are in the midst of it it always seems worse. As I was driving home I remembered Ben was at his academic camp this week at NKU (Northern Kentucky Univ). I had to drive right past the exit so I decided to pick him up (even though I had an hour to kill). I called Amber and gave her a heads up, took a call from the parking lot, cleared email and got to see the pure joy and excitement on his face that I surprised him and picked him up (made better by the fact that he hadn't seen me in 3 days). It was delightful.

So now I am back home, finishing some calls before heading to the Dermatologist. My primary caregiver wants them to look at all the moles I am blessed with from my Italian heritage. I guess as you get old (yes, cross 40) these things needs to be checked every now and then. Maybe I will get a nap before or after it, I hope so.

For the soccer fans out there, great comeback today, too bad the ref killed us, I guess like they sort of did with the Celtics last night. I really didn't care who won, but boy did I think it was an ugly game not helped by the refs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home