Millennium Mom

Thursday, November 6, 2008

When your partner reads your mind

Today was one of those days where I came home and had a smile from ear to ear. When I left this morning (after 8, as Thursday is the one day of the week I stay "late" to wait for our nanny to arrive) I looked at our yard and all the leaves that have fallen. Perhaps it is my memory, but it seems like the "fall" of leaves is much later this year.

I sighed, because I had heard cold weather and a storm was rolling in. All I could think of was wet leaves everywhere and how long it would be until they would be dry and we could get rid of them. But, there was nothing I could do so off to work I went.

The day went smooth. I worked from our downtown office as I had some meetings there. Those are always more peaceful days as you can hide a bit and not be easily disturbed. I had a speaking engagement at the end of the day and was in my car by 5:45 to head home. I called home as usual, just to make sure Arnie had made it home in time and all was well.

Then the happiness began. When I pulled up the (dark) driveway (it's that time of year) a bit after 6 I saw my husband in the backyard sucking up all the leaves. Pure delight on my face. It was as if he read my mind. Then it got even better. Because he arrived home before five he had taken out meat to defrost, had the oven pre-heated and knew what we were having for dinner. Needless to say he got a nice kiss from me.

While you can't expect your husband to read your mind, and I highly suggest you don't rely on this method, every now and again when you are on the same brain waves without knowing it, it is pure joy...today was one of those days.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Joanna, I am a Brand Manager at P&G, our daughters Sara and Gabriela were in the Cardinal Room together for a while. I just wanted to know I read your book and I loved the advice in it I am passing it around to all my friends!

    By Blogger Unknown, At November 7, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home