Millennium Mom

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Managing the transition of months

I don't know what it is, but I have a real problem managing my calendar as we move from one month to another. I have an even worse time when the change in months happens over the weekend, like it did this past weekend.

I don't know why this is the case, but I can offer up a few thoughts:

1) they say you have to tell/show someone something at least 3 times before it sinks in, the whole tell them, tell them again and then tell them again cliche. For me I am a very visual person and need to write things down. The fact that I do my monthly calendar board for the family at the end of the month, means I don't look at it as "often" for the beginning of the month...maybe this is why I TOTALLY FORGOT about my son's "mother-son" dance on Saturday night November 1st...what a bad mom;

2) I am such a planner I think in "months" meaning I don't really look that far ahead. I book my babysitters months in advance, etc. November is a "down month" for us in that we try to rest up before the holidays. This month I knew we had to go to Detroit twice so I wasn't really thinking of the 3 other weekends. In fact I kept saying to my husband "this is a low key weekend" so I didn't think of it;

Regardless, my mind was not in touch all weekend, I almost forgot about my book signing yesterday. It was October to me for a day too long. Maybe it is just me and how my mind works, but my tip would be to be extra careful around the change of the month as you plan out your activities, as just like with the new year, it takes a while to sink in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home