Millennium Mom

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My first ever TV experience

Today was a big day for the Zucker family as mom was on TV. While I have been in many TV studios for my job and even more commercial back lots, it is another whole story when you are sitting in the green room waiting for them to come get you (and by the way, it was tan!).

Fox 19 News in Cincinnati was kind enough to have me for an interview regarding my book. I was asked to show up at 7:40 am (which meant I actually got to sleep in a bit) and we would be live at 8:25 am. We got there on time and were sitting waiting. I really hadn't told many people about it because either they don't live in Cincy or they would be all at work already. But my co-workers were cute and decided to bring in a TV to the office and watch.

At about 8:05 they told me they moved me up to 8:15. That gave me two minutes to call home to tell the kids so they could see, and call the office to let them know. After a few pictures and the weather and traffic update we were live. Rob Williams was the anchor who interviewed me. Thankfully you can't see yourself anywhere in the studio, so I wasn't distracted at all. I had no idea what he was going to ask me beforehand, but I must say he definitely did his homework, which made my job very easy.

The interview went better than I could have expected, it was very conversational in tone and fairly rapid, which for those of you who know me know that's the way I like it.

It ended up that a few people I have worked with in the past actually saw it and sent me very kind emails to tell me. I finally got to watch it this evening, thank goodness for technology and DVR. I was scared to death to watch it, as you are always your worst critic, but it was exciting and uplifting...another fun experience on my book journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home