Millennium Mom

Monday, October 13, 2008

Is anyone out there

Well, if you are reading this I guess you are out there. When I wrote my book, I would guess like many other authors, my biggest fear was "will anyone read it." You hope and pray someone will and actually find it useful. I guess the same can be said of this blog. I started the blog to be able to share my daily experiences, the same way I shared my tips in the book. I thought it would be useful for other women to hear more about "the daily grind" and things I encounter each day.

If you are reading this and have found things useful please let me know. Also, if you have any specific topic you would like to hear more about, let me know that too. Or if you just want to say hi. I am happy to take this blog in any direction, make it more a "chat" and respond to thoughts on it, or continue to just share my thoughts on some things related to being a working mom...I will let my consumers be the boss by telling me what you want...that is if you are out there :)

3 Comments:

  • My friend just sent me the link to your website. I recently returned to work after having my first baby. I appreciate your sincerity about having the fear that no one will read your book. Even successful people like you have their insecurities. Sometimes I think its just me who has them. I look forward to reading your book and will be attending the event on October 30th.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 21, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

  • This is an unsolicited endorsement of Joanna's book from Joanna's Mom. Joanna gave me the draft of her book on one of our trips out to visit with Jo, Arnie and our three beautiful grandchildren, Ben, Claire & Sarah. I remember thinking when I was going to my bedroom that night with the draft, How will I tell Jo, hopefully in a constructive way, that the book is not good or needs more work or maybe should be abandoned. My fears disappeared when I read the draft. The book was good, really good. I have to tell you that I have always been a supportive parent to my three children but I also am not one of those parents who thinks that there child can do no wrong or that everything they do is exceptional. I would not recommend this book if I did not think that there is much information that can help working mothers to better manage their lives. I actually would recommend that this book be read by young women heading off to college. The reason for this is that Joanna's Four Cardinal Rules are really the foundation for having a rewarding Family/Career experience and two of those rules "It Takes a Partnership" and "Choose the Right Career and Employer" are discussions and decisions that ideally you need to have and make before the "I Do's" at the altar. Make yourself a cup of coffe or tea and sit down with this book. You'll feel like you are having a chat with a good friend who is sharing some of her life experience to help to make your life easier. Enjoy the book.

    Joanna's Mom
    Mary Ann

    By Blogger Joanna's Mom, At October 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

  • You see Joanna u got 2 comments---now 3!! .....I enjoyed the it was too good t be true story. See u at the book launch party!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 28, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home