Millennium Mom

Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's Official

Well, it's official now, I am a published author. On Wednesday evening I had to go straight from work to my son's Kindergarten class for "math night" where I learned how to "sort" and "patterning" and how they help young children learn math. I knew the books were being dropped off, so I was a bit anxious. So much that I was tempted to drive right by the Walgreen's on my way home instead of returning the "too big" batman costume. But I didn't, I ran in and got it done (before I would find it months from now in my car).

My husband, being the great guy he is didn't open the case of books. He wanted me to be able to do it. The whole family gathered around and we cut the box open. It was such an amazing feeling to see the books. It was real. I had really done it. It was thrilling and scary all at the same time. Of course each child wanted their own, so they now each have one on their night stand. Hopefully they won't be my only customers.

Now the fun really begins. Will it sell? Will people like it? Will we ever recoup all the money we have spent? Who knows is the answer to each of these questions, but regardless I have learned a ton and accomplished the goal of publishing my book. Cross that one off the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home