Millennium Mom

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7/8 Blog: Hello from NY

Hello everyone. Well, we made it safe and sound to NY. Last Friday (the 3rd), the three kids and I hit the road to come to NY. We pulled out of the driveway at 8am and pulled into NY at 6:45 pm, which was actually really good time. The kids were wonderful. I am amazed how good they do if we give them enough "coaching" and talk about the event in advance. All week Arnie was telling them how important it was for them to behave and help me in the car, etc. The entire time I could not have asked for better behavior. When we stopped they held hands, stayed together, Ben held the doors for us and more. It was almost easier with one parent then with two. Why I don't "coach" before every big event is beyond me, because it works like a charm.

Their cousins were here to greet them when we arrived. I think Ben jumped into Jacob's arms. By the time I got out of the car he was wrapped around him (while Jake is only 2 years older, he is MUCH bigger then Ben so can lift him pretty easily). My parents had ordered my favorite pizza and subs from J&F our local place which made my trip within the first hour. By the time we ate my entire family was here which was great (just not Arn).

We have been going non-stop since. Ben is in basketball camp all week. The girls have played with neighbors, cousins and more. We have gone swimming at two different pools and will hit two more today (why does it seem like there are so many more pools in NY than Ohio?). We also had my cousin Tyler's high school graduation party, so I saw all of my aunts, uncles and cousins at that. Was a bit weird as it was a large party without my grandmas who passed away last year, but still great to see everyone.

The only downer is my van was acting up on the ride out here. I took it into the local Chrysler dealer in town and it has two things wrong. One of which they didn't have a part. The latest is they found it in Mass. and it should arrive today so they can fix it before we leave for PA on Friday. Cross your fingers as it would make life a bit complicated to try to figure out how to get back for the van from PA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home