Millennium Mom

Monday, March 30, 2009

MM Blog 3/30 A Birthday in a Fog

Finally, five days later and the fog has lifted :)
As you know I was feeling under the weather last week. In fact, I don't think I have felt that bad since I had a breast infection with Sarah. I stayed on Thursday but should have stayed home Friday as well. My day didn't start off that bad, but by noon I was attached to a tissue box, with a Rudolph nose and a daze around my mind. Of course all I wanted to do was go home, but that was impossible. Arnie and I commuted together that day, in Amber's car as she was bringing the kids to us that night. We had tickets to the Children's Theatre that night. I had won a couple of tickets as part of our Fine Arts Fund drive, so we decided to make it a family event and bought three more to Charlotte's Web.

So instead of going home early, the kids arrived at 5:30 and we walked in very chilly, drizzling rain to dinner. We went for the food court at the mall downtown, just to give the kids variety and try to waste more time in the mall as we had two hours to give. Of course the kids chose pasta (what else is new) and I was lucky to find tuna at Subway given it is Lent. We headed to TJ Maxx after we were done and I got a couple of really cheap pair of sunglasses to get me through the summer (not even $20 for 2, love that place).

The play was quite cute, but I was in total pain at that point. I had grabbed a roll of Charmin from one of the bathrooms at work and it was gone by the end of the play. I fell asleep in the car on the way home and just wanted to sleep forever. But Saturday was Claire's special day, her fifth birthday. I promised her I would take her to get her nails done in the morning before her t-ball practice at noon. I woke up feeling so ill I decided we had to find a "minute clinic" like place at one of the drug stores. After a few calls I found one not too far and we headed there at 9:30 when they opened. We were the first ones there which was great. The good news is I didn't have strep or anything bad, just a really bad cold. The nurse recommended the right combo of OTC medicine and off we went to the nail salon.

Both girls got their nails done before going to the grocery store to buy some ice cream, strawberries and other items for the party. We were home to unpack the groceries eat a quick lunch and made it to the field by noon. I volunteered to be assistant coach for Claire. I was hoping it would make her feel comfortable on the team. It is 9 boys and 3 girls, Claire and our neighbors Anne and Linda. The coach and boys are all great so it should be a terrific summer for her. We got home about 2pm, and I quickly changed Claire for her big surprise. I had a haircut and I had arranged for them to do her hair "fancy." She has poker straight hair so I thought it would be cute to have it curled or something. She got her pretty party dress on and off we went. She was a total darling sitting and talking to the stylist the entire time and looked beautiful.

When we returned home I just needed a nap so I hit the couch. Arnie was a trooper and asked me what had to be done for the party. He put the pad on the table, did some laundry and made a list of what to get at Sam's where the cake had to be picked up along with pizza. I took a nap while Arnie headed to Sam's. At 6:00 Arnie arrived home and we did all the last minute preparations for people to arrive at 6:30. The party went off just fine. Lots of basketball watching for the dads, chat for the moms and playing for the kids (it is neighbor party). It didn't last too long so I was in bed by 10:30 and could sleep in.

Finally on Sunday I began to feel a little better but was glad that I could sleep in and know that noon mass was my first major task for the day. Because it was so cold Arnie cancelled Ben's baseball practice so we could be really lazy, which we all needed. I went back to work today with still a bit of a cough, but with an almost whole mind behind me, it felt good. I am hoping we are all through it, but many people in the office are still sick, so I have my fingers crossed, as only 5 days until vacation and it will be so much more fun if we are all healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home