Millennium Mom

Friday, July 10, 2009

7/10 Blog: On the road again

Well, after a great week (well 6.5 days officially) we are getting ready to hit the road again.
For those of you who don't live in your hometown or around family I am sure you can identify what those weeks are like when you go home. Non-stop going from house to house to see people. There are some trips here were we try not to do that and relax, but without Arnie here (who is the relax half of our relationship :)), I was on the go.

The great part was this time I actually got to see a couple of old high school friends in addition to family. My friend Deanna moved back up here from NC two years ago so I finally made it over to her place for swimming and dinner. Last night I saw my friend Erika who I have not seen in at least 15 years. It was great meeting her three kids and hanging out over a beer. I didn't get to meet her husband (or vice versa) as he was traveling, so definitely next time we are in town.

The kids have had a BLAST as they always do. Claire loves the Miller and Santaniello kids (I grew up next door to their parents) and just soaks them up while she is here. Sarah does as well, but also hangs with her cousin "baby John" (who is now 2!) a ton. Ben is all about being Jake's shadow. He was so excited he could stay for full-day camp and got a few sleep overs in (including last night, so I won't see him until he arrives in PA tonight with my sister).

I had one last work call this AM...just got done...so my vaca has officially begun. I am heading upstairs to finish packing and start packing the car. Ironically that is the topic of my next Fox 19 segment on the 29th of this month. We decided to film me packing for this trip, so I should have it down pat by now.

I am looking forward to PA. The area looks beautiful and it is within 20 minutes of my college town so I can bring the kids to campus and the basketball camp that Gina and I went to when we were kids, I can't wait to see if the cabins and courts are still there. More from PA later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home