Millennium Mom

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Keeping the spark alive

Well today is my 8th wedding anniversary!!! Boy has a lot happened in 8 years. We had the wonderful experience of an extended honeymoon while we were in Europe, have welcomed three beautiful children, both have changed roles twice, bought a home and partnered on my book. It has been a wonderful ride.

Certainly along the way our relationship has grown, and it has also changed. I remember those days when they only other significant other in our lives was each other. We lived thousands of miles away from our family and truly bonded as a couple. Then children came, a move back to the US and other relationships to manage, etc.

As you get older and more settled in your relationship, be sure not to forget about the most important person in your life - your spouse. Always remember if you didn't have him or her (or didn't at some point) you would not have those beautiful little ones running around. I am always surprised when people describe the days they gave birth as the best days of their lives. They certainly are in my top five, but by far the best was my wedding day...it began my new life with my life partner.

But...there are times when I have to remind myself that make time for my partner. I can get so caught up in doing what I am doing, being tired, etc that you have to ask yourself when was the last time we took time for one another? were intimate? I know this may be hard to believe for the younger ones reading this, but it does happen...I promise you. The key is to remember and make the time.

So tonight I am blogging before leaving work so I can go have dinner and go to the theatre with my husband to celebrate. The kids are well taken care of and we get a night alone...pure bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home