Millennium Mom

Thursday, February 11, 2010

2/11 Blog: Predicting the future

Don't we all wish we could predict the future.

As a teenager you are trying to figure out and know "what am I going to be when I grow up".

As a twenty-something you want to know "will I get married and to whom"...just tell me it will happen...some people even go to fortune tellers to ease their anxiety in this area.

Then you find your soul mate and wonder what your family will be...how many kids? what genders? will they be healthy.

Then perhaps you try to figure out your financial situation, where will my kids go to college? Heck, will they even go to college? When will I die? We all wish at some point in our life that we had a crystal ball that tells us the future.

In my current job I try to predict the future on a regular basis. My job is to create the future innovation for hair care, as many as 10 years from now. In order to do this we need to have some prediction of what the future will be like. Some things we know for sure, the world's population will be older, it will shift to the east, more people will be "poor" by today's standards and so forth.

But other things we don't know, like will water be in shortage? Will all products be delivered to your door. I have the pleasure of "hypothesizing" all of this. Today 30 of us are locked in a room (yes, with no windows) laying out our strategy through 2020. Needless to say I am brain dead, but boy it is exciting...I get to try to predict the future...without tarot cards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home