Millennium Mom

Thursday, November 20, 2008

So, so tired

I am the type of person that needs 8 hours of sleep a night...that's during the week. On weekends I am more like 9-10. Maybe its because I don't exercise, or maybe its my DNA, any way you slice it, I need my sleep. I can usually go about 2 nights on less than 8 before it starts to show.

I am also the type of person that likes to take my vacations, and spread them throughout the year. Our routine has become a week in April, July, October and December. But this year because of my book release in November, we only took 3 days in July and none in October. Not knowing what the release would bring we decided to "save our vacation" so we could be flexible over November and December.

On top of all this, since our nanny started in August my work schedule has become 7am to 5pm 4 days of the week. That means up at 6 at the latest. Before that I was more like 6:30-6:45. I seemed to be hanging together for a while, but the combination of my favorite shows being back on and just wanting some down time after the kids have gone to bed means I am often not getting my 8 hours. That combined with the no days off, and my weeknight events with my book has led to just about exhaustion for me.

I am looking forward to the holiday, though sleeping in really won't be possible with so many young kids in my in-laws house. More so I am looking forward to December. I have a week off, to catch up, do some book stuff, shop and just relax. Then my parents arrive and I have another week off to spend with them and my grandmother who is coming...10 days and counting until my rejuvenation month...I don't think I have ever looked so forward to the holidays.

For all you working moms out there, who will be more busy then ever over the next 6 weeks, be sure to find some time for yourself to relax and recharge...this way you won't end up feeling like I do now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home