Millennium Mom

Monday, September 8, 2008

Welcome to Millennium Mom's blog

Hello everyone.
If you are reading this you have found my web site and blog.
Thanks for that.
I realized I probably needed to get my act together and start reaching out to you all through the blog, you have taken time to check out the site, so I will take the time to share my thoughts with you all.

The last few months have been a whirlwind. My book officially went to print 11 days ago, so it is REALLY official now. I am still trying to manage the details of the book with work, family, etc and so far so good. My first event for the book is on October 1st. If any of you are in the Cincinnati area please join us at the girls night out event. Check out the web site http://www.designhomecincinnati.com/ for more info, it should be a great event benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.

On the family side, my children are now 6 (as of Saturday), 4.5 and 3 (as of tomorrow) years old. So we have officially begun the transition to school. This meant hiring a nanny for the first time after 5 wonderful years in Daycare. Kirsten is wonderful and loving with the children. With Ben only having half-day K we found it too difficult to try to manage various schedules with our work schedules and decided to go with a nanny. So far so good.

This past weekend was our "birthday" weekend. Both sets of grandparents arrived on Friday. Mine after a 11 hour drive from NY and Arnie's from Detroit (about 5 hours). We decided to treat Ben to a dinner and go out for fondue, I don't recommend it for young families. The meal was fine, but it is a longer meal and a bit tough for the kids. Yesterday we hosted a bar-bq birthday party for our neighbors and their families. We do this instead of kid's parties to make sure they have a special day, but to limit gifts (we have a no gift policy) so it is about being with family and friends and not about entertainment and toys. It was 80 degrees and sunny, the perfect day and fun had by all.

My parents will stay for 11 days, normally it is two weeks, but we will make due. So Kirsten is on vacation this week and G&G take over. I leave for a week long business trip on Sunday night, so Arnie will have some extra hands for a few days, before my parents leave, and I am due back the following Saturday.

That's it for now. I plan to update this daily each night, finding a few minutes to share some tips for various things that happened during the day.

Thanks again for reading, more soon.
joanna

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home