Millennium Mom

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stressed out in Cincinnati

UGHHHH - that is all I have to say about today. From beginning to end I have been a stress case, not sure why, but it has not been pretty. I guess it started when my 9 old old bust through our bedroom door a bit before 8am with his sheets in hand. He had an accident and was on his way to the laundry room (which you cut through our bedroom and closet to get to to. Part of me was happy he was doing his own laundry, then the rationale part of me took over when I heard the washer going...asking my husband to check to see if he put detergent in...he hadn't.

At that point I am up and about. We had a friend of our daugther's over and I promised her mom I would have her showered an ready by 9:15, in the case they were going to church. So I announced showers would take place between 8:30-9 and asked my husband to have breakfast ready at nine. I thought that was a good plan, but Arnie told me I was nuts. I guess that was the start of my stressful day.

It ended up I had two loads of laundry folded and put away, the bed made and 4 children showered and dressed by 8:45. I could have stuck with my plan but instead my husband made me feel like it was the wrong plan and I started earlier. The stress came when I arrived downstairs at 9, after starting some more laundry and getting myself dressed and breakfast was not where to be found. We had cereal and oatmeal as a result and I got to read the paper, some stress released.

We headed to church at 9:40 and dropped Kennedy off at home on the way. Church was somewhat peaceful, the kids actually behaved. I needed prayer, I have never prayed so much in my life over the past 3 months. It seems like we have had a black cloud following us since the end of June. It continued this week with our neighbors only child, who had a terrible accident in Denver where he lives and passed away after a week long battle. We held prayer vigils and I prayed as much as I could, to and from work in the car, each night, had the kids pray with me, but he lost his batle. 24 very young years old and gone, such a loss. So church helped a bit. We went to the hospitality day after it to get a donut.

I guess that is where stress #2 came in. Because I thought it would be nice to go to the hospitality after church, we didn't get home until 11:25 which is later than normal. And Claire had a noon soccer game at the farthest field from us in Anderson. Sarah also had a game at 2 so we needed to get them both ready. I am running around like crazy and it seemed with no one listening to me. We arrived 5 minutes before the game and I am not happy, as I hate to be late and it feels like we are late all the time these days. Thankfully there was a water bottle in the van becuase we forgot ours yet again.

Claire's team got creamed...shouldn't stress me out but it does. Then we ran to get lunch, ate faster than we should and made it to Sarah's on time. They got crushed too. So we are home around 3:30 and I have to do my normal Sunday routine in half the time. On top of this the kids want to go ask for donations for their walk-a-thon. So i am trying to explain to them what they need to do, and put calls into all our family to see if they will help. When I called my grandmother, she was all upset about things happening at home so that turned into a very stressful 30 minutes, worrying about her and her safety.

Then everything went downhill. Arnie broke the lawnmower and came in to tell me. I didn't think it was a big deal and didn't think I over-reacted. But our next conversation was not good. He was asking me about medical bills from Claire's broken arm, I thought he was taking care of them and said that and he lost it. Becuase i was stressed all day and likely being snippy with him, this was the last straw. So he left on a bike ride and I continued my frenzy to put clothes away, lay clothes out, pack for my business trip (as I am out of town for 3 days, I guess stress point #3), make dinner menu for Arnie and Pat while I am gone, get that food together, make the shopping list for grocery store, clean the guinea pigs cage, organize the donations the kids got (becuase they didn't follow instructions and write down who gave them what).

So that is the cause of my UGGHHHH day.
Importantly when my husband returns from what I hope is his de-stressing bike ride we will chat and get on the same page again and go to bed happy with one another. And did I say I am SO HAPPY this is the last weekend of double-header soccer games, far too much for me to handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home