Millennium Mom

Thursday, March 26, 2009

3/26 MM Blog: Feeling under the weather

Arnie and I stayed up late (for me) last night, watching Idol. We had Ben's hockey game, then headed to dinner at Panera, followed by the Ski shop. We got home at 9:15, put the kids in bed and settled in to watch Idol. When I laid down in bed my throat was really killing me. Arnie got me two Tylenol PM and I settled in. The alarm went off this morning and I don't even remember shutting it off. I woke up at 7:30 and decided immediately I would work from home in the morning, then head downtown for an afternoon meeting.

I stayed in bed while taking all my calls. My throat was still throbbing and a cough was settling in. I picked Ben up at the bus stop after noon, ate lunch and then decided there was no way I could go into work. I still felt horrible. I notified my team and laid down, two hours later I woke up just in time for my 3pm call.

I am still feeling awful tonight. I just took Tylenol PM again and put some Vicks vapor rub on my chest. There have been two illnesses working themselves through Cincinnati over the past month...one is digestive (that is what Arnie had last week) and one is Respiratory. I am praying I just have a cold like Ben and Claire, and not an infection. As Arnie said tonight, the good news is hopefully we are all getting it out of our systems before we go on vacation in 9 days. And Claire is feeling better in time for her birthday on Saturday.

So I am sitting in bed now ready to go to sleep, hoping I will wake up feeling renewed tomorrow. We have tickets to see the Children's Theatre production of Charlotte's Web tomorrow night, then a fun filled Saturday for Claire's birthday. We don't do big kids parties, just pizza and cake with our neighbors. To make the day special for her we are going to get her nails done, and then the big surprise is when I go to get my haircut, Claire is going to have her hair done. She has poker straight hair so they are going to curl it, she will just die of happiness.

She also has her first t-ball practice in the middle of all that. Too bad it is before her party as my family got her "pink" equipment for it...a pink bat, pink gloves, pink helmet, pink bag and pink balls...who would have thought they even made pink sporting equipment. I can't wait to see the look on her face...just precious. Ok, off to bed...stay healthy if you are in Cincy or anywhere else where bugs are flying around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home